Friday, February 7, 2014

Web Spotlight #4 - Witch Mountain


Not sure how I found this band, I just had the link to this track on Youtube bookmarked.

I am a man of the Pacific Northwest, which made me instantly happy to find out that today' Web Spotlight, Witch Mountain, is from Portland. I was however really mad with myself when I found out they played in my town two months ago. Nevertheless, he we are.

Witch Mountain are a among a growing breed in the Metal community, female fronted Doom Metal bands. It's something I greatly enjoy. Last year Witch Mountain released a 6 song EP named Cauldron of the Wild and I'm really digging it. The song I had found wading in a sea of Youtube bookmarks was Beekeeper, and it's the song I'm choosing to highlight today. It's good, gritty, slow Doom Metal with one Uta Plotkin bringing the dark, groovy lyrics and occasional shrieks to the fold. If you like modern Doom, this is one to check out.


Check them out on Facebook

Hear Cauldron of the Wild on Spotify and Bandcamp


No comments:

Post a Comment